Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Getting ready to garden

One of my favorite things to do is landscape our yard. Sergio knows this a little too well as we now completely designed from scratch two other homes. Now we are on our home 3 (and hopefully our last for quite a while). I've pulled out all my xerioscape books, flipped through Sunset magazine and I'm slowly sketching out our plan. I've noticed this years gardens have completely took a turn for vegetable and herb gardens, which is perfect when you have 3 little ones and there are a lot of fun ideas out there.

Here's our front yard. It faces north, which in any other part of Colorado would be a bummer, but for us in hot Pueblo, the north side is a refuge in the summer months.





I'm so glad we put this small sidewalk going front the front porch around to the side door, driveway and garage.


I really wish my dad was here as he was a big gardner.

2 comments:

leah said...

I want to plant a raised bed veggie garden this year (it is snowing today, so it will have to wait until after Memorial Day). Our biggest problem is the deer- they eat everything! The kids will love your garden - it is so much fun!

Megan said...

I'll post a pic of our veggie beds. Deer, yes, that would be hard.