Then in the afternoon, when Sophie came home, we started roll'n the dough into a pie crust, making the filling, cutting more apples, roll'n the top and finally baking the pie. Now the pie is in the oven and our house is filled with a delicious warm apple pie smell.
Apple pie has been on Luca's mind and everyday he has asked to make an apple pie. Today was the day.
The other day at the library, I checked out this book, Pie Every Day by Pat Willard.

Willard writes about the history of pie crust in America, how it evolved and has interesting pies titled, Marriage Pie and Funeral Pie. I chose A Common Apple Pie and a All-Butter Pie Crust.
Here's our pie, it might not look pretty, but I hope it will taste good for tonight's desert. Now I have to start thinking about what's for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment