Thursday, September 23, 2010

To the mountains we go...

We are heading up to Vail tomorrow for a much needed break from P-town, the apartment and our remodel project. Luca is so excited to take his bike and go biking in the mountains that he thinks we are going there every time we get in the car. I got our bikes tuned up today, bike rack on and bikes on and we are heading off for my first weekend away from Annie. My mom and Brooke are taking her for the weekend and I'm very sad to be leaving my lively sweet little girl. But, I'm also excited to be able to bike around Vail and do some things just with Sophie and Luca while Sergio is at conference this weekend.

This move away from our home has been hard on me because Luca is so active and gets overstimulated and easily distracted. Although he loves sharing a room with his sister, Sophie, he really needs his own space (and toys) to play more independently, otherwise he's crashing into his sisters non-stop. I've tried our brushing technique, weighted vest and it seems to help, but this morning I pulled out the kids yoga-on demand for 10 minutes and Luca loved it. It amazed me that he remembered the end and asked for his blanket to cover himself off during the cool down time. I've decided should do our yoga routine every morning and try to get a little more organized activity in the house. Although I must admit, when it came time for parent/child do-together activity, with 3 little ones hanging on me all at once, it was a challenge.

Today, I said good-bye (or almost) to tiny jelly shoes, sandals and sun dresses and think we may have had our last 93 degree day.
Since we haven't needed jackets or long pants here in Pueblo, yet, I finally decided I needed to go fall shopping for Sophie as the mornings are getting cooler.

I also ordered fall shoes for Annie (no more jellies or slippers, they're too small anyways) and order from Zappos.com fall shoes. I was amazed that my 8:30 pm order arrived the next day at 9:30am.

Today, Luca went #2, or as Sergio has taught Luca, an "ufa" in the little potty. So proud. Finally. After a long time of waiting, just like Sophie, on the 3 week of preschool, he did it. So happy. I can see the sun!

Off to bed, up early and to the mountains.

1 comment:

leah said...

I am sure Annie will have a wonderful time with your mom, and you will have a great time biking with the older kids! My boys are both extremely active, though Matt is far more active than Nolan. Sometimes I feel like chaos reigns! The kids yoga sounds great- I might have to find a video of that. It would probably help Matt calm down a lot!