Saturday, February 27, 2010

Going Mid-Century with our 1954 Rancher Remodel

I love the simple bold designs of the 50s.

Blue sink maybe for Luca's room or our master bathroom. Love the soap groves on both sides. Solid solid sink. They don't make sinks like this anymore unless you pay a pretty penny.

Habitat for Humanity $10

Ornate door knobs. Maybe more of a 1940s look, but I like the look and got them. We have tons of round knobs around the house and love the circular feel.

Habitat for Humanity $1

2 beautiful round lights. I've seen these in 1950s Eilcher's homes hanging from the entrance to the outdoor entry. Thinking outside on front porch. But I've also seen globes used for indoor lighting in the kitchen/dinning area. Maybe they could go on our back patio too. Love the white.

2 at Habitat for Humanity for $4.

1 comment:

leah said...

Wow- great finds! I need to check and see if our local Habitat for Humanity has a store. We need some new fixtures, but "new used" is just fine by us!