Monday, December 07, 2009

Snowy Day


I just ordered groceries online from King Soopers. We are running super low and it's snowing. I couldn't bear to bundle up the three kiddos, drive in the snowy weather, unload them, trudge through the store and come back home today. Instead, we played, painted, took long naps (well, at least Annie did), watched Christmas movies, played dress up, jumped on beds, played kitchen (or as Sophie calls it, home living) and read books. Staying warm, having fun at home and keeping the kids from getting sick. Most certainly worth the $10 delivery charge on a snowy day like today and snow for tomorrow. I'm afraid if I lived any farther north, I'd be using this service all winter long! Tomorrow the groceries should be here between 10am-noon. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it works! I've ordered lots of sugar and flour for baking cookies. My sister gave me a wonderful 1001 cookie recipes book last year and I've got a list of delicious cookies just waiting for Sophie and Luca to give it a whirl.

What to do with white butcher paper and markers? Self portraits.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I LOVE this idea! Where did you get the gigantic paper?

leah said...

Creative! I need to do that- the kids would love it. Where did you get the paper?

Megan said...

Sergio likes to use it with the kids. I ran across it while cleaning out the basement. I think you can get it at Office Depot like stores or any teaching store, such as Lakeshore. It's one of my teacher tricks. Like, hmmm, we need an art project quick. What will work? White butcher paper.