Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Locked out

Today Sophie and I hung out, went to the mall and then came home. We were outside in the patio and the wind blew the door shut and we were locked out. I had just called Sergio and had the phone outside with me, fortunately, so I pressed redial and called Sergio. I was worried b-c Sergio´s family wasn´t going to come home until 5pm and it was only noon. There was no way we could get in the house, or even out of the backyard, because everything here is locked tighted with bars and barbwire fencing. Sergio never has the cell phone, but today he just happened to take it. I called Sergio and told him my situation and he tried calling his aunt, where Manuel and Cecilia were, but no one answered.

It was time for Sophie´s nap, luckily I had just fed her and changed her so we had a little while before she would start getting upset.

Luckily, for us, finally Sergio was able to get a hold of his dad and he came to get us out 1 hour later. In the meantime, Sophie got out all of Manuel´s ¨stuff¨(old buckets and things) played with it in the patio.

After our ordeal outside and my torta, Sophie took a good 2 hour nap.

When she woke up, we went with a friend and her little boy, Sebatian who is 3, to have ice cream. Sophie sat in a little airplane and drove it and was quite into it. She also played on the play and did not want to leave. Busy day, Sergio is on his way home, so we are going to go outside and wait for him. Sophie loves that, too.