
I'm using my grandma Verna's ice cream recipe this afternoon. My grandma Verna worked in a kitchen and as a cook for many years. Some of my most vivid memories are of her in her own kitchen, cooking for us when we would go back to Lincoln, NE to visit. Her ice cream brings back memories and makes new ones for my kids. Please feel free to copy this simple recipe and try it at your own home. It's delicious! Sprinkle fruit on top at the end for an extra treat. Peaches are in season here, so that's my choice for this evening.
*Correction: This recipe was actually written by my grandmother's twin sister, Vera. I've always seemed to get those two names confused. Vera, Verna, so very close! Knowing my grandmother and her sister, I'm sure they used the same recipe, but to be correct, this is my great aunt's recipe and writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment