Thursday, March 03, 2011

A few random thoughts from this morning

As the weather gets nicer and we are settling into our house and life is returning to normal, I'm starting to do more art projects with the kids. I've put a few links to the left of my blog to mommy art bloggers whom I like to check for daily inspiration. A few years ago, I took a teaching art class and learned a few pointers that I find easy to incorporate into our projects.

1. Stock up on heavier weighted 12 x 18 white paper. This heavier paper holds paint better.
2. Sharpies help kids paintings stand out. You (or they) can draw with a sharpie. Then the black lines stand out after the painting has been finished.


By Annie (She wanted me to draw a shoe.)

In the morning, we get out water colors because it is easy. Today, the kids painted while the blueberry cobbler was cooking. 7am. Annie marker in one hand, paint brush in the other.





I'm trying out cast iron cooking: blueberry cobbler.


Mom-Here is our bench and shelf with coat hooks:

No comments: