Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Three's Company (Murillo version)







5 comments:

Ericka said...

Just wondering, how is Lucas hearing doing? Miles has stayed stable the past 2 tests. He is still mild.

leah said...

Could they BE any cuter? I love the springtime sunshine and playing outside!!!

Megan said...

Luca's hearing may have dropped slightly. We went in to get a new hearing test as we notice he had lost some sounds, but we couldn't get a good reading. I got a good deal on an FM system and decided to take the plunge and get it for Luca. He will not be in the public school system next year and I wanted on for preschool. We have used the FM in the car and on bike rides and it seems to help Luca understand better what I'm saying.

leah said...

Ugh- I really hope he hasn't lost too much hearing! We've lost some since Nolan's birth, but mostly in the right ear (the left ear has a big conductive component, so that should be "fixable").

Where did you get the FM system from? Your audiologist? We want to start looking into getting our own system, too- we ski and I can see communication on the slopes getting a bit difficult.

Megan said...

Luca has lost a little since birth, but stayed steady. Our audiologist got it for us. It's Oticon, Amigo. They had them priced at $2200. The other ones she looked at were $3500. I really like it. With the small atena that hangs down (a little annoying, but hey...) it's range is 100 feet. We plug it into the TV and Luca loves it. He wants it on. Yesterday he was watching Seaseme Street and repeated "This is the letter R." He's never down that. The last few days Luca has been adding "ing" to his verbs. We don't use the FM around the house, although we could more, so I don't know if that is just developmental or connected with the FM. Luca just has one FM boot on right now as the other hearing aide door was broken. I did end up buy a spare hearing aide and got a super tiny one. I'll have to take a picture and post it for you. Luca broke his aides several times in the last 6 months and he would go a week without one. We will test the system and see if our insurance company picks up the tab (or at least some of it). CO has a new hearing aide law.