Sunday, March 14, 2010

Self-portrait



I have rediscovered my camera and have started really photographing for the first time. I am photographing what is on my mind, what I see and with my kids in tow. I photograph sometimes with Annie in my arms or on my way around town. With three little ones buckled in their car seats, I pull over, roll down my window and snap an image. Or sometimes, I photograph while we are having lunch or walking somewhere. I am amazed that I have found a way to not only photograph what I love, but also do it with my children.



My new work is focused on urban development, which for me, means photographing sidewalks, buildings, homes, front porches, cars, bicycles, buildings, benches, intersections, crosswalks, trails, pedestrians, picnic table, parking lots, roads, bump outs, medians, graffiti, schools, neighborhoods and small businesses.

I created Pedestrian Vignettes. In my blog, I envision this space to be my on-line creative studio in which I share not only my photographic images, but also post ideas about Liveable Street design and walkability. In the end, I hope to make Pueblo a more walkable community for my family.

No comments: