It takes a town to raise a child (and bike paths, front porches, sidewalks and a local corner store.)
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Boxes Recycled into Valentine's Art
My good friend, Elisabeth went to Haiti just over a year ago with her husband and two small children. I remember reading on her blog, "One of the neighbor girls, Judlyn, turned the shiny aluminum side of the Doritos bag into a dress for her doll." This image, of a little girl in Haiti, using a Doritos bag as a dress has stuck with me. Often when I throw something away at our home, I think of how a child in Haiti would make better use of it. While I'm far from living as a minimalist, I am trying to recycle things like boxes, that normally just get tossed into the recycling bin. Here I've used boxes and newspaper and made it into an art project for Sophie and Luca.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun project! I also try to use recycled cardboard/paper for our projects. We made our "Olympic medals" (on my other blog, not the hearing loss one) out of a left over cereal box and aluminum foil.
I'm getting Valentine's Day stuff from the library this coming week.
Thats a great idea!
Post a Comment