It takes a town to raise a child (and bike paths, front porches, sidewalks and a local corner store.)
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Our first Thanksgiving Without My Dad
This Thanksgiving is our first Thanksgiving without my dad and of course, I am very sad not to have him here. When hosting Thanksgiving at my parents' home, my dad would say grace and always tear up towards the end. It was at holiday times, like Thanksgiving, that I was reminded just how much my dad loved us. I am so thankful to have had a father who lived his life with integrity, hardwork, passion and love. Not having my dad physically here with us this Thanksgiving, makes me even more thankful for my wonderful Mom, sisters Brittany and Brooke, husband Sergio and lively and lovely children, Sophie, Luca and Annie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The holidays must be hard without your dad there. What a beautiful legacy he left with his children and grandchildren. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!
Thanks Leah. We did. I ordered take out from a local dinner and then set a fancy table with Sophie and wahla, dinner was ready! Actually, we are doing all the cooking for Thanksgiving on Sat and Sunday at my mom's house in the Springs since my sister is flying back from Alaska tonight. Without my dad here this year, we've taken the liberty to do things a little bit different.
Happy Thanksgiving to your family too!
Post a Comment