
I just got this catalog from ADCO Hearing Products in the mail. Flipping through it, I'm wondering if we should order a phone so Luca can listen and talk to people, like his Nana, when they call. Right now, we put the phone on speaker so Luca can hear the other person better, but I don't think it's working as well as it could. What are your thoughts?
4 comments:
I don't know what to do about phones, either. We use Skype a lot with my parents. I don't even know if the telecoils are activated in Nolan's aids... we have a hearing test on the 23rd, so I'll have to ask our audiologist about it!
Good idea. I'll have to ask our audiologist, as well as our speech therapist and hard-of-hearing specialist.
Our audiologist said: I think 20 dB would be okay for Luca. That's about the amount of gain he has in his hearing aids. The cool thing about Adco is you can go to the showroom in Denver and try their products, so if you're ever up there you should stop by.
I ordered the
Geemarc Ampli200
$99.95
6265
Amplified Phone
Amplifies incoming voice up to 45dB
Speakerphone function allows up to 15dB boost
I liked that it had 45dB, plus the speaker phone function of 15dB. I thought 20dB might not be much louder than our speaker phone. Plus this phone also has speech amplification for the speaker, that is Luca's voice will be amplified for the listener b/c he talks softer. I'll let you know how it works for us. I'm so excited to get it!
Post a Comment