We have our routine down now and it seems a little bit easier. With school underway, it helps.
I still really miss my dad and when I have down time, I get sad about all the things he isn't here to share and see. He would just love Luca's passion for kicking the ball, throwing any ball or hitting balls with a golf club. My dad never had a daughter who was a golf enthusiast and while I can't say Luca will be, he is in to sports. It makes me sad my dad won't be at any of Sophie's silly school recitals or grandparents day at school or calling to ask me how Annie is doing. I really miss him.
4 comments:
Megan, I can only imagine how sad you are. I think about you all the time. Just the other (middle of) the night when I was up feeding Asher, I thought about your dad and also felt very sad. It's still so hard to believe that sometimes I don't believe it. You are doing such a wonderful job as a mother, which is absolutely amazing, considering. I wish I thought things would get easier for you, but cut the crap, they won't. You are always going to miss him immensely.
My heart aches for you! Luca sounds like he has a lot of your dad's spirit.
Sometimes I get frazzled with two little ones, so my hat's off to you with three! We love preschool, though- it does help!
I can only second Jodi's comments. It doesn't get any easier, it just becomes part of who you are. I still cry because of how much I miss my mom. And, how my children, my husband and most of my friends do not know her. Someone that was/is so important in my life. She is as your Dad will continue to be for you a strong force in who you are and who you will become. My heart breaks for you and your family. You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for letting me share. Some days are easier than others.
Jodi, I've been thinking a lot about your dad. While I lost my dad, he lost his best friend. My dad and your dad had so many good times together and I'll always remember your dad telling me about how my dad started a food fight one late night at their frat. It must be really hard on your dad. I hope someday he'll feel up to copying any videos he has of my dad and sending them to us. For me, I just started putting up more pictures around the house.
Tami, it's nice hearing from people who know how you feel. Thanks.
Post a Comment