Tuesday, June 16, 2009


I hate posting this after such a wonderful post with the announcement of the arrival of our little Annie, but my dad passed away unexpectedly on Sunday after a massive heart attack. He was doing the incline at the base of Pikes Peak. He was trying so hard to stay in shape and stay healthy. We are so so sad. One of the greatest comforts and thoughts that I hold on to right now, is that my dad got to hold Annie the day before. He saw what she looked like and knew that we named her Annie. He always wanted us to name her Annie, he even campaigned for the name for Sophie. Throughout my pregnancy, we were undecided, and even tried out the name Ruby after she was born for a few minutes. Sergio said, though, she didn't look like a Ruby and so he conceded to Annie. I so happy we named her Annie. My dad also got to spend all of Sat. with Sophie and Luca, taking them to City Park in Pueblo to the dog show and back to Colorado Springs to spend the night. He loved Sophie and Luca so much, and was dearly anticipating the arrival of our newest little one. My dad gave me a kiss good-bye and told me how beautiful Annie was and congratulations. I called him later that night to tell him Annie passed the newborn hearing test and we were so happy.

5 comments:

Leah & Scott said...

We are shocked and deeply saddened by this news. PLease let us know how we can support you during this difficult time. Sending our love and prayers.

leah said...

Oh, Megan- I am so sorry. Sending all our thoughts and prayers to you. It is a blessing he was able to hold little Annie before this tragedy.

Nilmini Hecox said...

Megan - Eric and I wish we were closer. We would run over right this second to help you, hold kids, do whatever you need during this time. We are thinking of you and your family...

Jodi said...

Megan, we are truly speechless. What a great, great loss to the entire family. This post is absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for sharing. While I wish the circumstances were so very different, we look forward to meeting your little Annie tomorrow.

Adri said...

Megan un abrazo y mi oración para tí y tu bella familia... cuentas conmigo. t.q.m.