Thursday, May 14, 2009

Luca and his molds

We went to the audiologist a week ago and got the new color molds for Luca---blue, green and white swirls. They arrived in the mail and I noticed they were a lot harder feeling than his F2-clear molds. Luca put them on, but then kept pulling them out. Finally, he screamed and threw a fit and would not let me put the new molds in. We did put the oil on the tip of the molds so they would go in easier and it worked for a minute, but not that long. I called the audiologist and she said they really aren't that much harder, but then I talked with our regular audiologist and she said that yes, they are harder and in fact, molds fit like a shoe and it may very well be that Luca doesn't like the feel of the harder molds. I had them sent back and remade to the regular F2-clear ones. Hopefully, they can do that and won't charge us.

Live and learn.

2 comments:

leah said...

Oh, no! I think the earmold company our audiologist uses has a free one-time remake policy if the remake is within a certain period of time. Hopefully the softer clear ones will do the trick! They do get used to a certain "feel" and don't like it when things change!

Megan said...

We are still waiting for the new molds. I hope they come tomorrow! We did Luca's hearing test, aided, and they bumped up the high frequency. His hearing has remained the same, but as they grow and the ear canal gets bigger, it take more sound to get the same results.