Saturday, February 28, 2009

Time Out for Luca



Luca is so cute and silly and has his papi's humor, it's hard to know with him when enough is enough. But today, when he didn't get something he wanted and I went in to Sophie's room and ignored his tantrum, I just had the feeling that he would go into the bathroom, open the toilet seat lid and throw something in there. He rarely does this because he's busy with Sophie, but since Sophie's not here and he was mad at me, he went in there and did just that---play plate and fork in the toilet. Fortunately, my mother's intuition told me to check on Luca and nothing was flushed. So I set Luca on a stool and told him he was in time out. He cried and at the end of it, he signed and said "I'm sorry" and we hugged. Later, he threw a metal toy spatula in the washer when I was right there telling him "no" and we did the time out thing again. He sat down and signed and said "I'm sorry." Then, he started throwing a ball (which was ok, no biggie) and sat himself in time out and said he was sorry and got up and kept playing.

Luca is really into this sorry thing. The other day, when Sophie would get hurt and start crying, Luca would come up to her and say sorry.

This is the same boy that blows me kisses good-night and squeals as he catches mine.

1 comment:

leah said...

Awww! Let the time outs begin. Thank goodness it was just a toy he threw in there and not his hearing aids (yikes)!