Saturday, August 16, 2008

We dropped off some DVDs at the library yesterday and Luca said Li-brary 5 times while we were in the car!

3 comments:

leah said...

WOW!!! Holy cow, library is a hard word! That is totally awesome! We currently have 'da' (ball) and 'uh' (uh-oh) from Nolan. Maybe we'll have to work on "library" next, lol!

Megan said...

I know. He still doesn't say his sister's name, Sophie, but he says things like library, leche, mas galleta, Mackey, all done, quack... Go figure! I guess the /s/ and /ph/ sounds are soft and may be harder to hear and learn.

leah said...

I know the /s/ and /f/ or /ph/ sounds are softer, and they're also later in speech development for normal hearing children. Matt (speech delayed) is just now getting a few "f" sounds correcly at the age of 2.5. That's a little late on the game, of course, but those are harder sounds.

I would also make sure they're keeping close tabs on Luca's hearing. Nolan just dropped 20dB in his high frequencies and is now moderately-severe there. I'm glad we caught it, because he hasn't been hearing "s" or "f" for months!