Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Highlights


Luca at 13 months.

-Nana told Sophie that she too would like to learn Spanish. Sophie explained to Nana, "Nana, when you get a little little(r) you can learn Spanish."

-Luca has taken a fancy to--- black beans, plum, hmmm... and usually eats whenever someone else is eating. Even if this means it's his 3rd meal of the morning or evening.


-Sophie does not let Belita read books to her, instead, she insist that Belita acts out and dramatizes Cinderella, Red Riding Hood and other fairy tales.



-It has been taking us quite a while to get Sophie to bed at night. I have started shortening her naps, but she still does not want to go to bed without me cuddling with her and rubbing her back until she falls asleep. While I enjoy cuddling with her, I end up falling asleep with her. The last couple of nights, I have started Sophie's bedtime routine at 8-8:30pm and she still is peeping out of her room and not falling asleep until 10pm. She would rather cuddle in bed with me and talk. She loves being around other people. Sophie has been like this since she was a baby, she has always been a cuddler and not wanted to go to bed at bedtime. Luca on the other hand, loves being around people and will go, go, go, but he does settle into bed and sleep much quicker than Sophie.

This picture of Sophie sleeping was taken after she crawled into bed with us at 4 in the morning, got up with me at 5am and then went back to cuddle with Papi in bed and feel asleep until 8:30.



I still love creepy crawly things! But now I'm a little more skeptical.


Luca has discovered he can pull down the curtains in our bedroom.

1 comment:

Shemri and Gang said...

Your kids are getting so big and they are gorgeous I might add! Love the pics.