Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hearing Aids a Success

Luca got his hearing aids today. From the moment Luca had them on, we could tell he was more clued in to his surroundings and what was going on. Although Luca has "just" a mild hearing lost and hears quite a bit on his own, the difference hearing aids made was impressive. Little sounds that he didn't take note of before, such as the ticking of the clock, he turned and paid attention to. The audiologist was great, a pro with lots of experience with infants, showed us the ropes with all the ins and outs with the aids. And there are a lot of ins and outs, from taking out the battery, to checking the battery, to cleaning, taping, to much more that I'm too tired to write about. In the end, Sergio was with me and if I don't remember how to do something, hopefully, he will.

Tomorrow, I'll try and post photos. Sophie was great with the hearing aids.

2 comments:

brittany said...

go luca!

Melinda said...

I am sooooooo happy that they are going to make a difference. Congratulations!