Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Our Morning


Our morning started off with Sophie coming into kitchen and asking us, "Where's Santa?" It's only November 21st and it's how many days to Christmas? I'm pretty amazed at how much Sophie grasp as a young 2 year old about the holidays. We went to the window to look out at our second dusting of snow and Sophie said, "Santa's coming." She went on to tell me how we need to set out cookies for Santa Clause.

This morning, we went out and played in the snow. Sophie requested that we put on her snow boots at 8:45am. We went around and gathered the snowsuit, boots, and hat and headed outside. I have to admit that I wasn't all prepared for a snow day, or even cold weather as it was 82 degrees here on Monday (a record high) and I hadn't gotten Sophie gloves yet. Of course, Sophie really wanted gloves on since Mommy had gloves. We went downstairs and went through last years stuff and pulled out some gloves, which to my surprise still fit Sophie.

Sophie loved the snow. We came in afterwards and I gave Sophie hot chocolate topped with marshmallows, a gingerbread cookie and blueberries. When I went to get a cookie out for myself, Sophie informed me that we couldn't eat anymore cookies because they were for Santa Clause.

Did I mention this is all done before 9:40 in the morning?

1 comment:

brittany said...

We should make candy houses on Christmas Eve!!
-b